[Desktop_architects] Linux Foundation - desktop linux

John Cherry cherry at linux-foundation.org
Wed Mar 21 16:57:32 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-21 at 23:10 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Le jeudi 15 mars 2007, à 15:32, John Cherry a écrit :
> > DAM-4 could take place on Friday and Saturday (June 15th-16th).  The
> > tricky part is to have a constructive architects meeting along with some
> > of the key breakout/workgroup meetings on those two days.  The biggest
> > conflict may be with the audio/multimedia and the printing meetings.
>
> Nod. I'm a bit worried about the conflicts, but maybe this can work.

Me too.  I'll put together a track'ed agenda and get it out to the group
for consideration.  While we might have some logistic challenges, there
will be great benefit in having breakouts with those attending that can
actually address the issues (like sound/multimedia, etc.).

I suspect the printing developers will be meeting in September (in
Montreal), so this should free up one breakout slot.

> > Feedback?  Would the Googleplex in June be a good venue for DAM-4?
>
> Sounds good. It'll be hard to please everyone, anyway ;-)

Actually, I've received positive feedback on the venue (off the list).
If there is negative feedback based on conflicts...like being too close
to GUADEC or aKademy, it has not been voiced.

> Btw, is it still the plan to have only one DAM this year?

We had definite feedback at the DAM-3 meeting that there were too many
desktop events already out there for developers and architects to choose
between (scheduling and travel budget issues).  So unless there is a
huge change of heart, this will be the only DAM meeting in 2007.  If you
miss this one, the next will be in 2008.

Cheers,
John