[Ksummit-2013-discuss] Topic Proposal: Handling Security Issues in the kernel

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Fri Aug 9 19:05:05 UTC 2013

On Fri, Aug 09, 2013 at 11:56:10AM -0700, James Bottomley wrote:
> Assuming this one fails, I'd like to propose some oversight for our
> current murky security processes.  The problem, as I see it, is that the
> current lists err on the side of secrecy because they're mostly run by
> security people, and security people love secrecy.

What are you classifying as our "current lists"?  security at kernel.org is
_not_ run by security people at all.  Also, some subsystmes (i.e.
networking) insist on never using that alias, and insist on always
sending stuff to netdev in order to have all of the networking
developers work on it.  There's no reason that other subsystem
maintainers, if so inclined, can also do so.

Other than that alias, I know of no such kernel security mailing list
that handles security issues (linux-distros is not a kernel list at
all, please don't get confused about that.)

thanks,

greg k-h