[Ksummit-2013-discuss] [ATTEND] Transparent huge pagecache

Kirill A. Shutemov kirill at shutemov.name
Mon Jul 8 12:03:54 UTC 2013

Hi,

Current Transparent Huge Pages implementation is limited to anonymous
memory mapping. I work on adding support of huge pages in pagecache and
enabling it for most simple filesystem -- ramfs. The patchset is mostly
ready, although it hasn't got much review yet.

I would like to discuss upstreaming of the feature and future steps --
enabling it for more useful filesystems: tmpfs and, probably, some
filesystem with backing storage (ext4?).
One other possible application is THP as backend for hugetlb interface.

--
 Kirill A. Shutemov