[Ksummit-2013-discuss] Non-Volatile Memory, Low latency devices [ATTEND]

Matthew Wilcox willy6545 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 19:34:11 UTC 2013

I'd like to attend the Kernel Summit this year to talk about how we handle
low latency devices.  I've been thinking about this particularly from the
point of view of attaching some NVM devices, but I think there's more to
discuss (Rik had some feedback about a message-passing scenario, for
example).

I could also talk about some of the recent developments with NVM, but
that's probably more appropriate to a storage subset than to the general
audience.  I'm interested in the 'structured printk' discussion that was
mentioned in the list earlier -- hopefully whatever is developed is general
enough to be used by both SCSI and NVMe devices (at least).