[Ksummit-2013-discuss] [ATTEND] tip tree workflow

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Sun Jul 21 04:33:15 UTC 2013

There were interest expressed in one of the other threads about the -tip
tree workflow and tooling; to make sure it doesn't get lost I'm putting
this here separately.

I'm offering to do a summary session on how the -tip tree works, tools
we have developed, processes that has evolved over time and mistakes
made in the process -- in other words, what has worked, what hasn't.
This will doubtlessly include the changes in processes and tooling that
we are currently implementing in response to last week's process
meltdown and the resulting Finnish.

This is an example workflow, obviously -- this is what works for us; we
are obviously not intending to portray this is as the One True Way to do
joint maintainership, but if others can steal ideas or tools and perhaps
we can get feedback that would clearly be positive.

	-hpa