[Ksummit-discuss] [CORE TOPIC] stable workflow

Jiri Kosina jkosina at suse.cz
Fri May 2 19:42:04 UTC 2014

I am a responsible maintainer of kernels for SUSE enterprise products. As
such, I am dealing with -stable trees on a regular basis. Hence, if there
is any discussion related to -stable tree process going to happen, I am
highly interested in that discussion.

I'd like to re-iterate my usual question / discussion topic of
responsibility distribution for -stable patches; my proposal again would
be to align the -stable tree workflow with Linus' tree workflow -- i.e.
subsystem maintainers preparing 'for-stable' branches and sending pull
requests to the stable team, instead of rather random cherry-picking of
the patches from the air as they fly by the stable team members.

Suggested participants: stable team, major distro kernel maintainers

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs