[Ksummit-discuss] coverity, static checking etc.

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Fri May 9 17:07:09 UTC 2014

I gave a lightning talk on this last year. This year I have a bit more data
so could probably fill a whole session.

Last year I had been doing the coverity scans on an almost daily basis
for 2-3 months.  Now that we're a year in, I'd like to share some
results, and show some of the more common trends and bug patterns that
seem to pop up.

[ spoiler: For the most part, it's all pretty positive, but we still suck ]

It would also be good to have some more discussion about other tools
we could be making more use of.  (Nomination: Dan Carpenter for smatch).

	Dave