[Ksummit-discuss] [CORE TOPIC] GPL enforcement actions

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Jul 7 20:18:30 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-07-07 at 13:00 -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> As those "efforts" are being driven by the developers of the kernel, I
> think that the developers involved would be the best to present this,
> not the SF Conservancy people.  As you point out, the SFLC is just the
> lawyers being hired by the developers to do what they want them to do :)

A lot of those developers will be in the room too, of course.

But the "efforts" are being driven *by* Conservancy on *behalf* of
those developers who have asked Conservancy to do so. And I suspect
someone from Conservancy is better placed to give up-to-date
information about what's actually happening "on the ground".

The point is to get people in the room and have a direct discussion
without hearsay or misinformation — and doing that *without* someone
from Conservancy doesn't really make much sense.

--
dwmw2