[Ksummit-discuss] [CORE TOPIC] lightweight per-cpu locks / restartable sequences

Christoph Lameter cl at linux.com
Fri Jul 10 17:26:21 UTC 2015

On Thu, 9 Jul 2015, Chris Mason wrote:

> I think the topic is really interesting and we'll be able to get numbers
> from production workloads to help justify and compare different
> approaches.

Ok that would be important. I also think that the approach may be used
in kernel to reduce the overhead of CONFIG_PREEMPT and also to implement
fast versions of this_cpu_ops for non x86 architectures and maybe even
optimize the x86 variants if interrupts also can detect critical sections
and restart at defined points.