[Lf_desktop] LF Desktop Linux Workgroup Conference Call - Wed 11/ 21 1pm (Eastern)

John Walicki walicki at us.ibm.com
Wed Nov 21 07:58:22 PST 2007

As a reminder, I will host a LF Desktop Linux Workgroup conference call
later today.

When: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 1PM (Eastern)
Number: 1-877-346-9707
Passcode: 30118

To avoid confusion across the Daylight Savings Time change and timezones:
http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2007&month=11&day=07&hour=18&min=0&sec=0

Agenda
======
- Wrapping up the Linux Client Survey 2007
- Statistics analysis - results / Insights
     Close to 20000 participants provided survey feedback
    https://www.linux-foundation.org/en/2007ClientSurveyResults

- Blogging and Press plans
 - To provide insight, I plan to use visualization tools from IBM to
assist us in analyzing the data and getting people interested in it.
      http://services.alphaworks.ibm.com/manyeyes/app
 - Several analyst and reporters have contacted the LF media team.
 - Do we want to prepare a press release or just blog about the results

 - There is ALOT of write-in Feedback to review
    http://developer.osdl.org/dev/dtl/survey2007/SurveySummary.html

- Drivers
 Statistics from the Client Survey, should suggest a prioritized list of
drivers that the community should focus on
 - http://linuxdriverproject.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/DriversNeeded

- Desktop Linux activities/announcements
 - Fedora 8
 - gOS

- 2008 Planning
 - Face to face meetings / summits
 - Should we propose a mini-Summit at the 10th Anniversary Linux Symposium
   http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2008/cfp.php.

Next meeting is
Wednesday, December 05, 2007 13:00 EST
http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/Desktop_Linux