[linux-pm] Freezer: Don't count threads waiting for frozen filesystems.

Nigel Cunningham ncunningham at crca.org.au
Tue Oct 28 15:03:25 PDT 2008

Hi.

On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 22:51 +0100, Miklos Szeredi wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Oct 2008, Nigel Cunningham wrote:
> > > However it does not fix the freezing of tasks which are waiting for
> > > VFS locks (i.e. inode->i_mutex) held by the outstanding fuse requests.
> > > This is the tricky part...
> >
> > Convert them all to wait_event_freezeable.
>
> You mean convert mutexes to event queues?  Not a very good idea.

No, I don't. Sorry. I was thinking you were referring to the wait_event
calls in the fuse request code. My bad.

Perhaps it's best to go back to my original position: hold new requests
and allow existing ones to complete. I'll look again at previous
messages to see why you thought that was problematic.

Regards,

Nigel