Desktop normalizationy

Greg S. Hayes sdc at choice.net
Tue Nov 24 09:58:19 PST 1998

If the lsb committies decide to add standards like desktop enviroments
to linux we should probably create several levels of lsb compliance. One
for the basics (the minimal linux) and others extending from there. If
we don't do this we could rule out some linux machines from being
considered linux (like the cli only web/file servers running on 486s
around my house:) We should also be VERY VERY carefull that we don't end
up favoring one desktop over another... all kinds of hell would break
loose :)

Greg Hayes