Form XSB, take some load off LSB.

Scott McDermott vaxerdec at frontiernet.net
Fri Nov 27 00:53:07 PST 1998

imrana on Thu, Nov 26, 1998 at 12:39:12PM +0000:
> >I totally agree... If I may suggest, I would say that maybe a "XSB"
> >should be formed, separate from "LSB" and the "XSB" can be a "layer"
> >added onto the top of the "LSB" at a later date.
>
> By the help of this thread it is becoming more clearer that there is a need
> for XSB (or whatever you call. Perhaps a name more "GUI"ish may be more
> appropriate.)

It shouldn't be attached to a specific windowing system (ie, X).  We
have Berlin (or may at some point), and GNUStep which can run on top of
either; who knows what is to come in the future with GGI and similar
projects.  And there is always the possibility of evolutions to
meta-standards which even other OS' windowing systems might adhere to.

Making something X-specific is surely a mistake.

--
Scott