[lsb-discuss] LSB-compliant way to get number of processors?

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Wed Aug 9 20:35:00 PDT 2006

>The sysconf() interface itself is in the LSB.
>
>But only the symbols defined in POSIX are required to be present. We
>need to add several, including _SC_NPROCESSORS_ONLN.

Nick,

Thanks, in catching up with old email I replied to Alan's
comment before seeing your reply.

Can I task you with writing up a bugzilla on this?
We need to examine the list of sysconf calls and
determine what makes sense in the LSB context (I'm
not firmly convinced it's even "support all of POSIX
plus whatever else we can justify" as I write this).

-- mats