[lsb-discuss] LSB conf call notes for 2008-06-04

Joseph Kowalski jek3 at sun.com
Wed Jun 4 15:46:57 PDT 2008

Jeff Licquia wrote:
> Joseph Kowalski wrote:
>> Jeff Licquia wrote:
>>> Java.  Joe sent a message summarizing the current status.  Went
>>> through; any issues?  Robert: looks good.  Jeff: point 5.
>>
>> Jeff, that's pretty terse.   :-)
>
> My question: since we require third-party apps generally to install to
> /opt or /usr/local, do we want to write an exception for JVMs?

Ah, I think we discussed this.

Wasn't the semi-conclusion that the "third-party" JVMs should install in
/opt and point a link to themselves from /usr/lib/java to their actual
installation point?

>>> Darren: distros do need to ship multiple JVMs.
>>
>> Statement or question?
>
> Statement.

Hummm,... I'm lost.  Perhaps "distros need to be able to ..."?

> OK.  Is it open source?  If not, could it become so?

Don't know and don't know.  I'll pursue.

- jek3