[lsb-discuss] qt3: testing our deprecation strategy

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Mon Jul 27 10:39:23 PDT 2009

Our current policy will not let us actually get
rid of qt3 for quite q while yet.  I believe this
means that there are a raft of forthcoming distributions
who will not technically be able to comply with LSB 4.0,
4.1, etc.

This is not a new topic, but I want to shake the tree
a little bit on this topic.  Qt was kind of a special
case in LSB, qt3 should never have gone in, but went
in because qt4 wasn't ready enough yet (by the LSB
criteria).

What do we do?