No subject

Thu Jul 12 13:07:43 PDT 2007

question about deployment strategy. If we can figure out how the RAS work
finds its way into the production LSB database (in particular, the
distribution entity), we can go ahead and merge the certification system
database with the LSB database and proceed. In terms of look and feel
framework, we currently use a set of PHP functions that govern how pages
are integrated into the broader FSG web site (fsg_header(), fsg_footer(),
etc.). Are the RAS elements written in PHP, something else, ...? We should
standardize on a framework to ensure everything fits together nicely, which
if the RAS elements are written in something other than PHP, we can put
together different versions of the FSG functions (we're doing
Perl versions as well for linuxprinting.org, which is written in Perl).

That's it for now. I'll have more thoughts about medium term (Phase 2)
in a separate email, but I think the above is enough to keep us pretty
busy for a little while. :-)

-ian
--
Ian Murdock