[Lsb-infrastructure] dtk-manager and debian systems

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Fri Jul 6 05:09:34 PDT 2007

lsb-infrastructure-bounces at lists.freestandards.org wrote:
> Just to close this issue - the problem was in the tet component not
> installed at the local system, which is a "hidden"
> prerequisite for the test
> suites. DTK manager takes care of the hidden dependencies when
> installing the tests automatically, but it is possible to miss a
> component during manual tests install.

... at least in the case of using the .deb packages, since
these will have dropped the embedded dependency information
during conversion from rpm. as noted, we're thinking about
a solution for that at least for "official LSB" packages.

> In future, we plan to deploy Tests Configuration Manager as a part of
> workgroup services in Navigator, which will allow viewing and
> managing all the dependencies and tests configurations to hopefully
> help users preventing any inconsistencies of the kind.

I expect this will help.

Meantime, I'm still having trouble with at least the core test,
I'm sitting looking at a screen now where the ./run_tests has
been started, and the interview is not completing...  I can't
paste from that window (it's in a VM), but it got to the

Does the implementation provide a System V Init mechanism..? [y]

and no answer is given until things time out.

This looks to be some recently added code (we had these tests
available for a very long time but they only recently made it
into the tree; I hadn't realized there was a new question
added as well), so I guess what's happened is we are out of sync
with dtk-manager's expected set of questions/responses.  Sigh.

I wonder if we can come up with a strategy for such situations,
so we don't have to release new dtk-managers every time someone
fiddles with the operator-interaction part of test suites...