[Lsb-infrastructure] big dump of stuff into database

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Thu Jul 26 05:52:14 PDT 2007

Replying again (I think the first one didn't go to the list),
to add a question...

> Some suggestions on top-level data:
>
> 1) Three new records in the Library table are named '1ibcups',
> '1ibcupsimage', '1ibijs'. This seems to be misspelling, I see
> no reasons to mangle library names.

the "mangling" was not intentional.  Correcting the digit 1 to
letter l.

> 2) There are some constants with header names as values (e.g.
>        '<freetype/ftbbox.h>'): select * from ArchConst where ACvalue
> like '%.h>';
> It seems that these are temporary constants used by libtodb and not
> removed. I guess they should not be added to the LSB.

Yes, there's some strange junk.  I also see a bunch of
ArchConst values that contain \\\n which seems kind of odd;
the macro is just supposed to be of the AAA | BBB | CCC ... style.

Anyway, the mostly unrelated question - it relates to the
libraries listed in (1).  When browsing in navigator, I
find very limited information for libcups (only Gentoo is
listing as having it), and none at all for libdbus or
libcairo, which I was also trying to search on (was hoping
to see if there was a common version).  libpangocairo
does come up.  Meanwhile, I see liberal references to
dbus and cairo at least in the App* tables, and to the
*interfaces* in dbus, cairo and cups. Seems interesting
that these would be represented in RawInterface and in App*
but not in RawLibary.  Ideas?

-- mats