[Lsb-infrastructure] alsa: version?

Denis Silakov silakov at ispras.ru
Tue Nov 27 07:02:00 PST 2007

Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
>> Those autobuilders (SLES10) which did have alsa-devel
>> installed don't have the <alsa/pcm_rate.h> header
>> file in their package. At the moment I only know this
>> to be a problem for devchk, but I wonder if it indicates
>> a version mismatch with the spec?
>>

> Or maybe it's something that didn't have to be included...
>
> Seems like pcm_rate.h is used (in LSB) only to define
> the snd_pcm_rate_ops_t type (and underlying struct);
> this is only used for snd_pcm_rate_open which is not
> included in LSB at this time.

Well, maybe this is reasonable.

The thing is that alsa is quite old on SLES 10 (1.0.11, as you
mentioned). RHEL 5 has alsa 1.0.12 and 'alsa/pcm_rate.h' is present there.

Unfortunately we can't say which headers are present on all modern
systems like it is done for interfaces when deciding which ones to
include...

--
Regards,
Denis.