[Lsb-infrastructure] Qt3 data in new DB 1.3

Denis Silakov silakov at ispras.ru
Thu Apr 3 08:42:39 PDT 2008

Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
> Scanning the release notes for DB update 1.3, I see:
>
> 1. All thunks, vtable, typeinfos and guard variables are
> now marked as BinOnly. Note that some of Qt3 thunks were
> incorrectly marked as SrcOnly, which was reflected in the
> spec ('NULL or' was added before these symbols inside
> class vtable layout).
>
> Is this a change that needs to be applied to LSB 3.2
> as a correction?

Yes, it would be useful. Nothing difficult here, indeed:

update Interface set Isrcbin='BinOnly' where Iunmangled like '%virtual
thunk%' or Iunmangled like 'guard variable%' or Iunmangled like 'typeinfo%';
> 4. Data corrections for unwind.h header (to correct
> issues concerning devchk).
>
> I have the bug on this listed as a 3.2 issue, so I'm
> wonering if we can "backport" these changes...

I remember those bug. I think not all issues mentioned there are
corrected, so I'll revise it soon.
> ... or ... if we can figure out how to use the current
> database for LSB 3.2 maintenance so we don't have to
> worry about the "backport" issue at all.
I see. Well, I think we should simply try  to generate all 3.2 staff
from the devel database and check the differences.

--
Regards,
Denis.