[Lsb-infrastructure] Ilibrary field

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Wed Apr 16 06:31:00 PDT 2008

Denis Silakov wrote:
> Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
>> Should there be Interface entries that don't have a
>> value for Ilibrary?  My understanding is that Ilibrary
>> represents the library where an interface is found
>> and so there should always be one. Of course that's
>> different from being assigned to an LSB library in
>> LGInt, the latter would only happen if the interface were included.
>>
> That's right. However, the Ilibrary field was set automatically on the
> basis of the LGInt table, so most of excluded symbols have empty
> Ilibrary.
>
> This field is actually used by Navigator to build RawInterface <->
> Interface mapping when calculating different statistics. Another area
> where Ilibrary is used is Interface attributes - the
> InterfaceAttribute table has <Iname, Ilibrary> as a key.
>
> Thus, empty Ilibrary is not very harmful for excluded interfaces
> without attributes. Nevertheless, I think it would be useful to set
> it properly.

I did this for alphasort/scandir, which is what I was looking
at in the first place.

The interesting effect is that if the interface has no Ilibrary,
you get an extra hit in the Navigator search:

Exact Match

Name        Library    Mangled Name
alphasort
alphasort   libc
alphasort   libuClibc
alphasort   libc_real

With the Ilibrary field set to 'libc' the one with the empty
Library value in the table above drops out.  So I agree it
would be nicer to set these, at least when it makes sense.
I filled in in for these four interfaces (well three, one
had it set already).