[Lsb-infrastructure] RE: Problem with: LSB Library Import tools...

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Fri Feb 1 05:52:16 PST 2008

Denis Silakov wrote:
> Added to Bazaar.
>
> Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
>> Thanks.  The current complaint is about libtodb.pm,
>> which a few of the scripts use as:
>>
>> basetypes_to_db.pl:use libtodb;
>> get_data_info.pl:use libtodb;
>> get_int_info.pl:use libtodb;
>> get_types_info.pl:use libtodb;

Thanks!

By the way, there's a lot of console output from the
java parser.  It created the file I expected it to,
but I'm wondering if we were supposed to do anything
with this output...

cairo_path_op  <X>
cairo_path_op_t  <X>
cairo_path_op_t[45]  <X>
cairo_path_populate  <X>
cairo_pattern_add_color_strength   <0>

The docs aren't really clear about what names should
be picked when it says "libname" (for example) -
does if have to be exactly the library filename,
is it the "soname", is it just a library tag?
Does it matter?    I have this question for the
*info.pl scripts, also for componenttodb.pl - what
goes into the file file given to the '-l' argument,
what should 'library' be, etc.

I suggest a future improvement would an example,
it can be handcrafted but could show filenames, etc.

Finally, as I ran the get_int_info.pl script, it told me:

Type collision for name PS_FontInfoRec: Typedef vs Struct
Type collision for name PS_FontInfoRec: Struct vs Typedef

It did leave me with data in interfaces and int_params,
and empty guessed_ints and not_found_ints so I guess
it's still working okay.

-- mats