[Lsb-infrastructure] Navigator App Stats enhancement request

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Mon Feb 11 07:17:42 PST 2008

Denis Silakov wrote:
> Implemented in new Navigator (already available in bazaar; demo
> version is available at linuxtesting.org - see, for example,

http://linuxtesting.org/navigator/browse/app_stats.php?cmd=excluded-int-
usage&changeLibName=libc).

> Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
>> In order to get a clearer picture, I'd like to be able
>> to filter "Interfaces not Included in the LSB but Used
>> by Applications" by library.  I'd say sort by library would
>> be good enough if the raw list wasn't 70 pages long, it
>> might be quite painful to navigate to the area with the library
>> you're looking for.
>>
>> In particular, I'm looking to answer the above question for libc at
>> the moment.

That's very nice.

And it makes an interesting read.  There are some symbols high
up on the list - open64 and lseek64 for example - that are kind
of "phony" - there are among the ones that are in both libc and
in libpthread, but we only define the latter, so if an app
shows as using the libc one it turns up here as "missing".

hstrerror shows up high on the list, but is considered "obsolete".
(we have it marked as a candidate).

madvise is high on the list, but we do have posix_madvise.

sysinfo is  quite popular too.

More detailed analysis some other time.