[Lsb-infrastructure] making Navigator app stats easier ?

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Thu Feb 14 14:41:41 PST 2008

This isn't really a general question, but some
specific cases instead - I'm wondering how we can
help these from confusing people more than they need to.

The current #2 non-LSB library is libstdc++_shared,
which is really a "false positive" in our case, it's
listed as being in compat-gcc on RHEL and OEL 5,
and shows a path that indicates it must be something
very close to the library we specify:

/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.6

Some other top libraries are ones where we specify
a different generation, but due to naming games,
it's not easy to spot (libgtk/libgdk/libglib).

Amongst the top interfaces we see open64 and
lseek64 - in libc.  We have these interfaces, with
a slightly later version, in libpthread, and lsbcc
forces a link with libpthread, so they're not really
*missing* interfaces, they're something... well...
far more subtle, but shouldn't be problems.