[Lsb-infrastructure] making Navigator app stats easier ?

Denis Silakov silakov at ispras.ru
Wed Feb 20 02:37:12 PST 2008

Alexey Khoroshilov wrote:
> Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
>
>> The current #2 non-LSB library is libstdc++_shared,
>> which is really a "false positive" in our case, it's
>> listed as being in compat-gcc on RHEL and OEL 5,
>> and shows a path that indicates it must be something
>> very close to the library we specify:
>>
>> /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.6
>>

> The situation with libstdc++_shared  looks like a problem with importing
> scripts.
> We will take a look at it.

libstdc++_shared is marked as 'used by apps' because it has
'libstdc++.so.6' soname in RHEL and OEL. Since applications require
sonames, not normal names, upload tool couldn't decide does required
symbol belong to libstdc++ or libstdc++_shared. This is fixed now;
libstdc++ will be always preferred in such situations. However, we need
some time to reupload all application data.

To be sure, libstdc++ is actually used by apps, not libstdc++_shared.

--

Regards,
Denis.