[Lsb-infrastructure] lsbcc targeting multiple versions

Denis Silakov silakov at ispras.ru
Tue Feb 26 08:48:52 PST 2008

Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
> Multiple versions as in offering the choice of
> which version of LSB to build for....
>
> I thought I might take a look at this topic,
> but only if it's not already being looked
> at by somebody else.

We've recently discussed this topic here. As a first stage of
multi-version lsbcc, we consider implementation of multi-version headers
which will declare different things depending on some macro value; for
example, we may introduce a macro per LSB version - LSB_3_0, LSB_3_1,
etc. (do we need pre-3.0 versions?). We'll try to implement this during
March.

However, a trick with 'ifdef's is not possible in case of stub
libraries, so we'll still have to generate stublibs for every LSB
version and teach lsbcc to use the proper ones depending of requested
target version.

--
Regards,
Denis.