[Lsb-infrastructure] libtodb2 questions

Ron Hale-Evans rwhe at ludism.org
Wed Jul 16 01:34:21 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 11:57 PM, Denis Silakov <silakov at ispras.ru> wrote:
> Ron Hale-Evans wrote:
>>
>> I realised my last reply only went to Denis (see below).
>>
>> Mats has now pushed your NSS data to the db. I guess it's time to
>> narrow down the list of approved interfaces, based on the straw man.
>
> Is the list on the wiki page
> (http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/NssPublicFunctions) ok? We are ready to
> push updates necessary to include all functions from that list with
> accompanying stuff (headers, types, etc.).

That list includes everything documented on the Mozilla Wiki, except
for deprecated interfaces (about half a dozen). It's probably OK to
push; I think Mats said that fine tuning will have to come from
testing by building one or more apps against it. These apps would
theoretically become part of appbat.

> Another question is about documentation source which will be used as a
> reference - should LSB directly point to Mozilla's NSS SSL Reference or
> there will be some other doc?

There will only be other docs when the LSB implementation of an
interface differs from Mozilla's. We don't yet know which, if any,
those will be, so it's probably safe to point at Mozilla for now.

>> Is ISPRAS working on incorporating more of the old library import page
>> into the new one where the new one leaves off?
>
> Yes, we'll update the library import page as soon as appropriate tool update
> is ready.

Thanks, that's good to know. I won't touch it for now, then.

Ron