[Lsb-infrastructure] some conflicts when running libtodb2

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Thu Jul 17 08:58:34 PDT 2008

________________________________

From: Denis Silakov [mailto:silakov at ispras.ru]
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2008 9:52 AM
To: Wichmann, Mats D
Cc: Lsb-Infrastructure
Subject: Re: [Lsb-infrastructure] some conflicts when running libtodb2

Wichmann, Mats D wrote:

	This can appear in case when your version of gcc creates a dump
with some other extension, not 001t.tu. Please check if there are any
files like 'extutil.h*' in the headertodb2 directory after the script
has failed. If some file exists and its extension differs from
'001t.tu', you should simply modify gcc_tu variable in the script to
match your extension.

	(It seems that this extension depends on gcc version; we'll try
to detect it automatically in future).

	Things proceeded okay, but when I tried to expand the scope
(actually I also want to consider <X11/extension/Xext.h>, which contains
two additional functions and some used macros), I got some complaints
about duplicates:

	Got more than one row for Pointer 'Display *' at
./prepare_sql.pl line 228, <TYPES> line 1.
	Got more than one row for Pointer 'XEvent *' at ./prepare_sql.pl
line 228, <TYPES> line 18.
	Got more than one row for Pointer 'Display *' at
./prepare_sql.pl line 346, <BASE> line 1.
	Got more than one row for Pointer 'Display *' at
./prepare_sql.pl line 346, <BASE> line 7.
	Got more than one row for Pointer 'XEvent *' at ./prepare_sql.pl
line 346, <BASE> line 16.

This is actually X11 data inconsistency... Check the SQL created
(suppose it is called add_libXext.sql):
    grep \'Display add_libXext.sql

If all lines in the result looks like the following:

SET @Tid=(SELECT Tid FROM Type WHERE Tname='Display *' AND
Ttype='Pointer' AND Theadgroup > 0);

then everything is ok and you can try to execute the SQL. Otherwise
you'll have to add 'AND Theadgroup > 0' check manually to all queries
where 'Display *' is requested.

(And well, the same check should be performed for 'XEvent').

Surely, this is not normal situation, we'll have to correct data,
indeed.

Okay, I have four lines like the above, two which began SET @MemTid and
did not have the Theadgroup qualifier.

I don't see an hits like this for XEvent.