[Lsb-infrastructure] recent changes to headers, etc.

Denis Silakov silakov at ispras.ru
Fri Jul 25 08:27:58 PDT 2008

Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
> I *think* I've applied all of today's fixes,
> although it was a big set and things are a little
> distracting here at the Linux Symposium. It's
> taking a really long time to generate the headers
> as usual (worse because it's on my notebook this
> week) so those aren't pushed quite yet, but are
> in progress.
>
> I notice that the X11 headers as used by
> lsb-xvfb and lsb-test-xts5 are now making those
> builds very unhappy, as well as xscreensaver.
> Will these changes also help there?  Most of
> the comments were about devchk results....

No, we haven't processed appbat results yet. Indeed, X11 headers are not
in a very good shape; they do pass devchk, but note that devchk doesn't
check function prototypes (or at least presence) for X11. We'll proceed
with appbat soon.

As for devchk, it seems that at least XInput.h data were collected using
modern XInput.h, and headers on SLES 10 (even SP2) don't have some
types. We'll investigate this, too.

--
Regards,
Denis.