[Lsb-infrastructure] New LSB Navigator 1.9.6 and LSB DB Scripts 1.7

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Wed Apr 7 06:35:39 PDT 2010

________________________________
From: lsb-infrastructure-bounces at lists.linux-foundation.org [mailto:lsb-infrastructure-bounces at lists.linux-foundation.org] On Behalf Of Vladimir Rubanov
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 8:42 AM
To: Lsb-Infrastructure
Subject: [Lsb-infrastructure] New LSB Navigator 1.9.6 and LSB DB Scripts 1.7

We have prepared a new bunch of updates for the LSB Database, Scripts and Navigator.

The sources are in the unofficial/ispras-lsb Bazaar branches (dbadmin module for Navigator, specdb, build_env, misc_test and lsbspec modules for DB & scripts). Tarball with init files for community tables is available at the ftp server (ftp://ftp.linuxfoundation.org/pub/lsb/updates/lsb-navigator-data/community_data.tar.bz2). The Navigator's 'static' directory on the server (which is not stored in Bazaar) is not changed.

Among significant changes in db-related stuff, one should mention new sgml pages for 169 Qt4 symbols (tests for them are already present in Azov-Qt4, and now the documentation is ready), and support for TypeMember.TMappearedin/TMwithdrawnin fields in scripts - that is, we can now track 'history' of type members in the similar way like we do for interfaces, types and other elements.

Full lists of changes are available at

 1.  http://ispras.linux-foundation.org/index.php/LSB_Database_Updates.
 2.  http://ispras.linux-foundation.org/index.php/DB_Navigator_Releases

Okay, the question here is what's the impact to 4.0 branches?  specdb and build_env (as well as dbadmin) we maintain only one copy of now, but lsbspec and misc-test exist for both devel and 4.0, and both expect to be able to pull from the database.  Does this mean they need script updating for the new material?  Are the spec pages also for 4.0?   At the moment, it also seems 4.0 and devel misc-test have gone a bit out of skew, I should probably deal with merging over the most recent applicable changes.