[Lsb-infrastructure] New LSB Navigator 1.9.6 and LSB DB Scripts 1.7

Denis Silakov silakov at ispras.ru
Wed Apr 7 06:47:01 PDT 2010

On 04/07/10 17:35, Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
> Okay, the question here is what's the impact to 4.0 branches?  specdb
> and build_env (as well as dbadmin) we maintain only one copy of now,
> but lsbspec and misc-test exist for both devel and 4.0, and both
> expect to be able to pull from the database.  Does this mean they need
> script updating for the new material?  Are the spec pages also for
> 4.0?   At the moment, it also seems 4.0 and devel misc-test have gone
> a bit out of skew, I should probably deal with merging over the most
> recent applicable changes.

Our branches are based on the 'devel' ones; as for 4.0 stuff, there
should be no direct impact on it. In particular, new pages will be
picked up only when generating specs starting with 4.1, so there will be
no harm if they are absent in 4.0 branch. As for misc-test, only devchk
was subjected to changes, but this is actually a multiversion tool; not
sure if someone really uses its copy from the 4.0 branch.

--
Regards,
Denis.