[Netem] IFB & netem

sting sting at bloodwolf.org
Sat Jun 16 01:31:28 PDT 2007

Hello,

I'm curious, has anyone tried to use the IFB in conjunction to netem to
apply netem rules to both ingress and egress on a single interface?

AFAIK, in theory there is no reason this shoudln't work, but I haven't
tried it yet (have to upgrade my kernel to one that carries IFB) and I
would be happy to hear that someone else has either tried it or thinks it
should not be a problem.

Thank you,
sting

P.S: I understand that what I'm describing above is achievable by applying
netem egress rules to both interfaces of a bridge, for a perticular setup
that I'm hoping to do, I would like to do both ingress and egress.