[Openais] Your Contributions

Zou, Yixiong yixiong.zou at intel.com
Tue Jun 22 17:30:31 PDT 2004

So I guess single node cluster is not supported then?

> How did you find the ease of use on setup of the service?

The system is very easy to setup.  A couple things I've found so far:

- The aisexec can be compiled on a Fedora Core 1 system, but running it
will fail.  I think the multicast isn't enabled in the default Fedora Core 1
kernel.  It failed during the setsockopt() call with the "IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP"
flag.  So it will be better if this fact is documented somewhere.

- I eventaully figured out that you have to have a user/group ais
created to run all the test cases.  Again, it will be better if this is
documented.

I will give it a try as you suggested.  Thanks.

Yixiong Zou (yixiong.zou at intel.com)

(626) 443-0100

All views expressed in this email are those of the individual sender.