[Openais] Some basic Q:s

Tor-Erik Malen tor-erik.malen at ericsson.com
Thu Oct 7 05:33:53 PDT 2004

Hi

I'm looking into openAis. I've worked with the test programs and tried to
figure out how it works. Now I have some issues I would like to get
clarified. Any help?

thanks torm

- is there a 1-1 mapping of component and process? seems like the first
registered component is "hidden" if one process registers two components.
- each registered component has to have a unique name?
- how are CSI "defined" into the "cluster"? Unclear how CSI:s are defined and
then "assigned" to components.
- does the aisexec start/stop/restart processes?
- is there a configurable mapping of component-to-process? I.e., can I say
that BTW this component is handled by this process.
- can you configure components (processes) to be started when a node (aisexec)
starts
- can aisexec be "commanded", e.g.,  to set a component/CSI into a specific
state?
- are non ais-processes supported?
- is there a group.conf guide, I'm not able to figure out how to use it
- what shall the network.conf bindaddress actually be set to?

network.conf trials
Got it working by mistake, tried network address but crashed the aisexec when
components started to work, a nodes address just made the nodes occasionally
detect each other but not considering the other belonging to the cluster. Got
it working by mistake when I just put a IP-addr belonging to the network.