[Openais] amf model

Steven Dake sdake at mvista.com
Sun Jul 10 22:42:12 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 09:30 +0800, lihuanghai wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was puzzled with the model of SI and CSI in the aisAmf
> specification.
> In the specification, a SU can have more than one SI ,and a
> component can have more than one CSI.But in openais, I didn't
> see SI and CSI model but just SU and component.Is it correct?

A component can have more then one service instance for the condition
that n way or n way active failover can assign two separate services to
the same component.

Unfortunately today you will find that the AMF implementation in openais
is a "work in progress" meaning first that it doesn't support the
B.01.01 specification (just A.01.01), only supports n+m redundancy
model, and its compliance to the A.01.01 specification is not complete.
As a result, components can only have one service instance.  If you need
nway or nwayactive, we are considering adding this support including a
full B specification implementation in the next few months.

regards
-steve