[Openais] possibly bug in saCkptCheckpointRead()

Maxi Combina maxicombina at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 09:14:23 PDT 2005

Hi all!
I am using openais-0.66, and I think that there is a strange behaviour
in the saCkptCheckpointRead() function.
According to SAF (documentation of the Read() function):

"readSize - [out] Used by saCkptCheckpointRead() to record the number of
bytes of data that have been read; otherwise, this field is not used."

readSize is a field of SaCkptIOVectorElementT.

So, watching to the value of this field is a good idea for testing if
the ckpt service has read the requested amount of bytes...

However, I have modified a little an example of the `test' folder of
openais-0.66 (ckpt-wr.c), and when I read, for instance, 10 bytes from
the checkoint that I opened, readSize is _not_ 10: it has the value
51674588464.
I have not found _any_ test that watchs the readSize value after a
Read(), and have not either found nothing in the documentation.

The questions are:
1.- Have I missunderstood the SAF? Or is this bug of openais?
2.- If I did not understand the SAF correctly, which is the way to
ensure that Read() has effectively read the requested amount of bytes?
(indicated in the field `dataSize')

Regards,
Maxi
--