[Openais] Re: ipc rewrite

Mark Haverkamp markh at osdl.org
Tue Apr 25 15:07:20 PDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-25 at 13:45 -0700, Steven Dake wrote:
> Here is an IPC rewrite I've been working on for awhile.  It offers
> 20-40% performance improvement on my systems.  It will someday allow
> realtime support without priority inversions that other sa forum
> implementations suffer.  Please try it out.  This should also fix the
> double free mess with the current code.
>
> Mark H you will need to call hdb_create/hdb_destroy on your esi_hdb data
> structure somewhere.  I wasn't sure where it was appropriate to call it.
> Could you take a look and add that code?

I applied the patch and put the create/destroy where I thought that it
should go in the event code.  I put the create in the lib_init_fn and
the destroy in the lib_exit_fn.

I have attached a patch for the event changes.

I am not having much luck with it though.  I get events dropped fairly
quickly in the subscription program and for some reason, I'm not seeing
them re-start again.  If I kill the subscription test and re-start it I
see events.  oops, while I was typing, one of the aisexec programs got a
glibc double free corruption abort.

--
Mark Haverkamp <markh at osdl.org>