[Openais] Live Component Replacement request for comments

Steven Dake scd at broked.org
Sat Jan 14 18:49:05 PST 2006

This is the first pass at a live component replacement codebase for
openais.  The eventual goal is to componentize all of openais so that
any part may be upgraded without taking the aisexec out of service.

We are going to start small and focus first on dynamically loading (vs
replacing) the service handlers.

This will provide us added advantage that others can easily write
components to load into openais to provide other cluster services
without specifically having to merge into our tree.

Instead, they can write their component (even proprietary) and do what
they like with it.

Mark, I'd especially like your comments on this code and its
relationship to the evt service.

A long-winded readme is attached which describes the architecture.

I am planning to start on a checkpoint service port into LCR and may
have something in a few days if all goes well.

Regards
-steve