[Openais] totempg reentrancy

Mark Haverkamp markh at osdl.org
Mon Jan 23 08:34:14 PST 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 18:29 -0700, Steven Dake wrote:
[...]
> mark I got to the bottom of this by putting an assert in the reentrancy
> bit of code.  This allowed me to stop in with a debugger and view the
> various threads.  I found there were multiple threads within msg_mcast
> at the same time.  Since totempg isn't thread safe, this is what was
> causing the problem.
>
> I also thought more about how totem works and don't believe it is
> posible for msg_mcast to be reentered by the totem code.
>
> This patch should fix up the problem for the short term, where longer
> term we may want to think of multi-threading and the totempg library.
>
> Regards
> -steve

Steve,

What does this patch apply to? I assumed that this takes the place of
the reentrant patch.  Although it didn't apply in either case.

Mark.

[markh at markh3 openais_work]$ quilt push
Applying patch ais_totem-ts.patch
patching file exec/totempg.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 87.
Hunk #2 succeeded at 627 with fuzz 2 (offset 8 lines).
1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- rejects in file exec/totempg.c
patching file exec/main.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1177.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 1260.
2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- rejects in file exec/main.c
Patch ais_totem-ts.patch does not apply (enforce with -f)

--
Mark Haverkamp <markh at osdl.org>