[Openais] Re: FW: Evt Deadlock

Steven Dake sdake at mvista.com
Tue Jan 24 13:35:48 PST 2006

after looking at make event, I found this problem probably separate:

  error = saHandleCreate(&event_handle_db, sizeof(*edi),
    if (error != SA_AIS_OK) {
        if (error == SA_AIS_ERR_NO_MEMORY) {
            error = SA_AIS_ERR_LIBRARY;
            goto make_evt_done;

    error = saHandleInstanceGet(&event_handle_db, *event_handle,
    if (error != SA_AIS_OK) {
            goto make_evt_done;

the instance get fails, causing the following code to run:

	return error

the problem is, the handle was created, so it should be destroyed if
handleinstanceget fails. so the event handle leaks.