[Openais] Release plan?

Steven Dake scd at broked.org
Mon Jan 30 09:08:03 PST 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 05:15, Bjorn Andersson wrote:
> Hi,
> I look forward to start using AMF B that is currently beeing
> developed. Do you have any estimate when a Wilson release that has
> functioning AMF and checkpoint services will be available? By
> "functioning" I mean that it doesn't have to be thoroughly tested, but
> that the features work so that there is a chance of getting them
> working in an application. If I have understood it correctly there are
> known issues with 0.72.
>
> BTW, the web page should be updated, it says "We plan a stable Wilson
> release in Q2 2005", or is the year an off-by-one bug ;-).

off by one bug that should be 2006 :)

The ckpt service is fully functional now.

As soon as I get all of these core architectural issues sorted out, I'll
finish AMF.  It is pretty close now and shouldn't have any known
crashes, other then not being totally functional yet :)

One problem we have with a production AMF is a lack of a good test
suite.  saftest hasn't yet published their test suite for AMF which we
will need to validate our conformance to the specifications.

Regards
-steve