[Openais] I want to know how to generate checkpoint of my application in openais

Tiantian Liu tiantianl at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 18:15:54 PDT 2006

Hi:
   I am a door man use openais, I have build a cluster by 2 machine and
Fedora 2 OS , openais-0.80.tar.gz.
   I used epckpt checkpointing mechanism years ago, and I do not know how
the ckpt in openais works, can
   you tell me? I got 2 questions:
   (1) what different between the epckpt and ckpt of openais?
   (2) for example:
          I run a infinite loop test program, which just show "hello
openais" endless.
          if I use epckpt, i use command to generate the checkpoint of this
application:
               # epckpt 'my_application_PID'
          then I use command to restart my application from the breakpoint:
               # restart 'my_application_checkpointing_name'

          now, how can I use openais' ckpt to generate my application's
checkpoint file? and how can I restart my application from
 where my checkpoint file recorded?

        wait for your answer, thank you very much!