[Openais] questions regarding openais-0.80.1

edrt edrt at citiz.net
Tue Sep 19 02:35:20 PDT 2006

Hi Steven and all,

I have some questions regarding openais-0.80.1. Can you pls take time look into these ?

 - In amf_comp_response_2, invocation parameter is obtained from req_exec_amf_response
   message, which is allocated by the message originating node. Can this invocation id
   be used on other node? (BTW, does the su failover feature ever tested with multiple
   node configuration?)

 - In amf_su_comp_error_suspected, with the current logic, component will always be
   restarted at its first time error report, even if it indicates recommended recovery
   valued other than SA_AMF_COMPONENT_RESTART

 - Find the following functionality is missing, is there any specific reason not support
   them?
	 - message_handler_req_lib_amf_componentunregister
     - message_handler_req_lib_amf_csiquiescingcomplete
	 - message_handler_req_lib_amf_protectiongrouptrack
	 - message_handler_req_lib_amf_componenterrorclear

 - Although totem mechanism ensures AMF state machines on different nodes get the same
   input event, is it possilbe that AMF sm still get lose syncing? If so, how will
   openais handle that ?

 - In amf_comp_find, malloc return value is not checked

 - Below are the AMF B.02.01 features I find openais not supported yet. Could you confirm
   these conclusions? (BTW, do you aware of other AMF-B.02.01 feature openais is missing,
   I'll build a gaplist)
     - proxied component mgnt
	 - dependency mgnt
	 - administrative api
	 - n-way redundancy model
	 - n-way active redundancy model
	 - component failover & autorepair
	 - node failover & autorepair
	 - node failfast
	 - node switchover & autorepair
	 - application restart
	 - cluster reset
	 - l3 escalation

 - Can I raise saf-ais question on this list?

Thanks
Eddy