[Openais] questions regarding openais-0.80.1

Hans Feldt Hans.Feldt at ericsson.com
Tue Sep 19 03:05:05 PDT 2006

edrt wrote:
> Hi Steven and all,
>
> I have some questions regarding openais-0.80.1. Can you pls take time look into these ?
>
>  - In amf_comp_response_2, invocation parameter is obtained from req_exec_amf_response
>    message, which is allocated by the message originating node. Can this invocation id
>    be used on other node? (BTW, does the su failover feature ever tested with multiple
>    node configuration?)

0.08.1 does not work for a multi node configuration. The design flaw you
mention is removed in trunk.

>  - In amf_su_comp_error_suspected, with the current logic, component will always be
>    restarted at its first time error report, even if it indicates recommended recovery
>    valued other than SA_AMF_COMPONENT_RESTART

Yes we know. Will be fixed eventually.

>  - Find the following functionality is missing, is there any specific reason not support
>    them?
> 	 - message_handler_req_lib_amf_componentunregister
>      - message_handler_req_lib_amf_csiquiescingcomplete
> 	 - message_handler_req_lib_amf_protectiongrouptrack
> 	 - message_handler_req_lib_amf_componenterrorclear

We are trying to make sure what we have is working before adding
functionality. This will be true for some time now. AMF bug fix patches
are pending.

>  - Although totem mechanism ensures AMF state machines on different nodes get the same
>    input event, is it possilbe that AMF sm still get lose syncing? If so, how will
>    openais handle that ?

Sorry, don't understand the question.

>  - In amf_comp_find, malloc return value is not checked

Reworked in trunk. Could be places where it is missed still though. On
my review list.

>  - Below are the AMF B.02.01 features I find openais not supported yet. Could you confirm
>    these conclusions? (BTW, do you aware of other AMF-B.02.01 feature openais is missing,
>    I'll build a gaplist)
>      - proxied component mgnt
> 	 - dependency mgnt
> 	 - administrative api
> 	 - n-way redundancy model
> 	 - n-way active redundancy model
> 	 - component failover & autorepair
> 	 - node failover & autorepair
> 	 - node failfast
> 	 - node switchover & autorepair
> 	 - application restart
> 	 - cluster reset
> 	 - l3 escalation

We will soon (this week) publish a gap list in README.amf.

Regards,
Hans