[Openais] questions regarding openais-0.80.1

edrt edrt at citiz.net
Tue Sep 19 06:34:44 PDT 2006

>edrt wrote:
>> Hi Steven and all,
>>
>> I have some questions regarding openais-0.80.1. Can you pls take time look into these ?
>>
>>  - In amf_comp_response_2, invocation parameter is obtained from req_exec_amf_response
>>    message, which is allocated by the message originating node. Can this invocation id
>>    be used on other node? (BTW, does the su failover feature ever tested with multiple
>>    node configuration?)
>
>0.08.1 does not work for a multi node configuration. The design flaw you
>mention is removed in trunk.

I'm going to deploy openais in a product, the minimum functionality wanted is:
2N model + su failover & autorepair on 2 node configuration. Can previous
openais release support it? And which version do you recommend? BTW, can I
know the estimated timeframe openais HEAD will support multinode configuration.

>>  - Although totem mechanism ensures AMF state machines on different nodes get the same
>>    input event, is it possilbe that AMF sm still get lose syncing? If so, how will
>>    openais handle that ?
>
>Sorry, don't understand the question.

Eg. in a two node cluster, node1 multicast an amf event in the cluster (eg. component register).
Normal execution flow will be: node1 and node2 both receive the event and trigger amf state
transition. If, for some reason, node2 experience failure (like malloc failed) during state
transition, will openais on node2 try to recovery from the failure and resync with cluster
the amf state?

>>  - Below are the AMF B.02.01 features I find openais not supported yet. Could you confirm
>>    these conclusions? (BTW, do you aware of other AMF-B.02.01 feature openais is missing,
>>    I'll build a gaplist)
>>      - proxied component mgnt
>> 	 - dependency mgnt
>> 	 - administrative api
>> 	 - n-way redundancy model
>> 	 - n-way active redundancy model
>> 	 - component failover & autorepair
>> 	 - node failover & autorepair
>> 	 - node failfast
>> 	 - node switchover & autorepair
>> 	 - application restart
>> 	 - cluster reset
>> 	 - l3 escalation
>
>We will soon (this week) publish a gap list in README.amf.

Great, pls drop notification after it commited.

Thanks
Eddy