[Openais] Release of openais 0.82 (unstable)

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Sat Sep 15 14:55:18 PDT 2007

I am pleased to announce a new release of the development trunk
(unstable) version of openais 0.82.

This release has seen many changes since version 0.81.  The goal of this
release has been to rework some core infrastructure systems and also fix
serious bugs in the core infrastructure.

In summary:
* Significant bugs in the Totem protocol have been resolved through
heavy community testing and involvement.
* A completely new logging and tracing system is available for use by
openais plugins or third party applications.  Read logsys_overview.8 for
details.
* External plugins are now easier to develop and the proper files are
exported to the user.
* Serious problems in the synchronization engine and plugin system have
been fixed.
* Passive monitoring added to AMF.
* A few cpg library API calls were added at community request.
* A timer system rewrite added to add ability to specify timers as
absolute times or duration times.

I invite you to have a look at our latest efforts via ftp and web at:

http://www.openais.org

Regards
-steve