[Openais] checkpoint disappears after node reset

Henry Fung henryfung_00 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 25 15:22:55 PDT 2007

Steve,
I used 0.80.2 and moving to 0.80.3 doe not help.
There is no core dump. The problem always happens when
the first member of the ring drops dead (thru a system
init 6, e.g.). I tried various hacks with no prevail
including:
1. open the checkpoint on the standby node early
2. use SA_TIME_END
Reading of the checkpoint on the standby may succeed
for a short while until the writing node is completely
gone. Then, there is either the error code 2 (or 6) on
further reads. Therefore, I am sure things are working
properly prior to the node reset.

My guess is something to do with the selecting the
ring representative preferring the lowest node id and
the standby node does not become the rep soon enough
after the rep drops dead, or the new rep somehow
deletes the checkpoint during some sync stage.

Henry