[Openais] "Library queue is full" error with CPG.

Alan Conway aconway at redhat.com
Tue Aug 5 14:18:45 PDT 2008

I'm using CPG to replicate messages in a high-traffic application. All
works well for small numbers of messages but with larger numbers I get:

[MAIN ] Library queue is full, disconnecting library connection.

After that happens, aisexec appears to be unusable. If I try to re-run
my application it hangs in cpg_initialize, nothing further appears in
the aisexec log. I have to restart aisexec to proceed.

>From this post
https://lists.linux-foundation.org/pipermail/openais/2005-August/006400.html
I guess my app is not processing CPG callbacks fast enough. I can add a
dispatch queue to make the app more responsive, but I have a couple more
questions:

How can my app find out if it's been dropped for non-responsiveness to
CPG? Currently it just hangs.

This error appears to make the aisexec daemon unusable, is this a bug or
something I'm doing wrong?

Does cpg have any flow control mechanisms I can use to manage this
situation?

Are there any configuration settings to tune this behavior?

Thanks,
Alan.