[Openais] I think I have hit a bug, but need confirmation

Jerome Martin jmartin at longphone.fr
Fri Aug 8 08:46:58 PDT 2008

Hello list !

I have been using openAIS whitetank along with pacemaker devel branch
since a few month now, without any issue.
However, recently I started getting into problems with LOTS of
membership events being sent to the pacemaker/crm service, having bad
consequences (but this is OT).
Looking at aisexec -f output, it seems the nodes can see each other fine
(membership messages and rings are updated ok), but I think the behavior
is quite different from what I have been used too (although I did not
had to look much at aisexec output recently) : aisexecs loops very fast
on membership events, stating "DLM CONFIGURATION CHANGE", even though
nothing really changed ...

In order to sort this out, I decided to compile a fresh whitetank from
openais.org and let it run on his own, without any pacemaker service
configured. I get the same behavior. Note that I much have changed
something in my environment that triggered this, but I can not pinpont
what (tried to reverse a minor libc upgrade, mostly debian patches but
no upstream version change to no effect...).

Could you please look at the log (only two nodes configured) I posted
here: http://pastebin.com/m5c75a9ad (sorry, there might be a few
mispasted duplicate lines) and tell me if you think if it is normal for
openAIS to loop like this and at such pace ? If not, please advise ...

My config is :
Debian Etch 64bits
libc6 2.3.6
kernel 2.6.22-4-vserver-amd64
gcc 4.1.2
openais 0.80.3 compiled from clean openais.org tarball

Regards,

Jérôme Martin | LongPhone
Responsable Architecture Réseau
122, rue la Boetie | 75008 Paris